POLLSee all polls and results
Tags#mentalhealth abuse addiction alcohol body image boyfriend bullying college contest contraceptives cooking cyber bullying dating depression domestic violence drugs exercise family fitness friends future girlfriend grief healthy holidays hygiene leadership LGBTQ love money nutrition parents peer pressure relationships safety school self-esteem sex sports STIs stress suicide teen pregnancy tobacco volunteering
Posted By iamincontrol | July 31, 2018
High school can be scary, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, it can be (and is) a really great time for many people! These are some tips for having a great high school experience before you get there:
- Don’t be afraid to make new friends! High school is a new time in your life, and you will be introduced to new people that you may really enjoy.
- Make time for studying! If you’re worried about your grades or ability to perform well in a class, look for tutoring or talk with the teacher about better ways to study.
- Try new things! Maybe you’ve always wanted to sing, dance, or act. Try out different organizations and put your talents to use. Also, you’ll make new friends this way as well.
- Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, plus it also gives you a chance to explore what you’re interested in. It can give you a look into a possible future career.
- Finally – most importantly – BE YOURSELF! Don’t change or allow people to pressure you into behaving a certain way. You know yourself best, and should only do things and surround yourself with people that make you happy.
For more tips on starting high school: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/starting-high-school.html