POLLSee all polls and results
Tags#mentalhealth abuse addiction alcohol body image boyfriend bullying college contest contraceptives cooking cyber bullying dating depression domestic violence drugs exercise family fitness friends future girlfriend grief healthy holidays hygiene leadership LGBTQ love money nutrition parents peer pressure relationships safety school self-esteem sex sports STIs stress suicide teen pregnancy tobacco volunteering
Posted By iamincontrol | June 4, 2013
Is having a summer job important to you?
- Definitely. It keeps you busy and helps your bank account. (87%)
- I’m too busy with summer sports to have a job. (0%)
- Nope. I’m going to hang out with my friends all summer. (0%)
- No way, summer is for sleeping and watching TV. (13%)
We definitely agree and think summer jobs are really important. Here are some of the reasons why you should be looking for a job this summer.
Top 10 Reasons to Get a Summer Job
- Add to your resume. – Future employers and colleges are going to be looking for previous experience.
- Learn interview skills. – Knowing what it takes to ace a job interview will come in very handy later. You might not ace your first one, but every bit of practice helps.
- Learn to deal with rejection. – Even if you don’t get the job you wanted, you will learn what it’s like to be rejected for a job. This won’t be the only time rejection happens in your life, so the earlier you learn to cope, the better.
- Read More
Posted By iamincontrol | May 8, 2013
Looking for something to do this summer? Or do you just want to win a cool prize or gift certificate to your favorite restaurant or shopping mall? The HIT Week 2013 Video Contest might be your chance!
Health Insurance for Teens (HIT) Week is a campaign to increase awareness about the importance of health insurance for teens in Iowa. HIT Week 2013 is August 11-17. Create a video about why health insurance is important to you and submit it by July 31st for a chance to win.
Here’s everything you need to know about the contest:
HIT Week 2013 Video Contest Rules
Consent and Waiver Form
Share this contest with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest using the share buttons above. You can also print the attached flyer and hang it up at school or around your community to spread the word.
Posted By iamincontrol | November 15, 2012
Were you in foster care? Want to go to college? Iowa College Student Aid may be able to help:
There are resources available for career and college planning, financial aid, college admissions, and Free ACT, SAT, and GRE test preparation through I Have A Plan Iowa™. They also have Iowa employment opportunities and resume preparation.